Tim Brennan was raised in the coal region working in his family’s well known mom and pop restaurant. He began his legal career in the Lehigh Valley as a Bethlehem and Northampton County Solicitor. He currently lives in Doylestown and, in addition to his legal work, serves as a member of the Doylestown Borough Council.
Mr. Brennan graduated from Ursinus College in 2000, receiving his Bachelor of Arts with a double major in English and Politics and a double minor in International Relations and American Studies. During this period he served two United States Congressional Internships with Congressman Joe Hoeffel and Congressman Tim Holden.
Mr. Brennan also graduated from Widener University School of Law in 2003, where he was a leadership scholar, served as a senior member of the Law Review and graduated cum laude. He received the 2003 Widener Law Journal Outstanding Student Article Award for his article on Pennsylvania’s redistricting. He also studied at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland and Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic.
Mr. Brennan previously served as an attorney for a large defense firm and for the Governor’s Office of General Counsel. He was appointed Assistant Solicitor for the City of Bethlehem in 2005 by Mayor John B. Callahan, where he also represented the Police and Fire Pension Funds. In 2008 he was appointed as Solicitor for Northampton County Controller Stephen J. Barron. In 2018 he was appointed Assistant Solicitor by Northampton County Executive Lamont McClure.
Mr. Brennan has been published in the fields of equine law and redistricting law, has argued several times before Commonwealth Court and has lectured on various topics at the Dickinson School of Law and for the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He has appeared on numerous local and national television and radio shows.
Mr. Brennan volunteers for or has founded a number of charitable, legal, political, religious and community organizations and has served as an Adjunct Professor for Northampton Community College. He is a member of the Pennsylvania and New Jersey Bars.
Experienced in business and contract law, property and real estate law, tort and personal injury law, worker’s compensation, debtor/creditor law, municipal law, equine law, election law, civil rights law, administrative law, eminent domain, and other fields.
Professional Services and Awards
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Hearing Panel Member 2012-Present
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, Rising Star 2012-2018
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, Super Lawyer 2018-Present
- 1st Annual Equine Law, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- 2nd Annual Equine Law, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- 4th Annual Animal Law Seminar, Equine Law Primer, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Cleaning Out the Augean Stables: Pennsylvania’s Most Recent Redistricting
- Athlete & Agents Conference, National Bowl Game, Panelist
- BBC World News, 2010 United State General Election Coverage
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 1st Annual Equine Law Seminar
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2nd Annual Equine Law Seminar
- Why Americans Don’t Care? Business Matters, WEMZ Channel 69
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 4th Annual Animal Law Seminar (with Governor Edward G. Rendell)
- Dickinson School of Law, Equine Law, Guest Speaker
- Nativity B.V.M. High School, Terrorism and the Constitution, Guest Speaker
- National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, President’s Circle
- Bradbury Sullivan LGBT Center, Pro Bono Counsel
- Friends of the Bethlehem Mounted Police, Pro Bono Counsel
- Friends of St. Kieran’s, Pro Bono Counsel
- American College of Equine Attorneys, Member
- Equestrian Aid Foundation, Volunteer
- Winter Equestrian Festival, Wellington, Florida, Attendant
- Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War, Member
- Thoreau Sauntering Society, Member
- Saint Clair Fish and Game, Member
- Ancient Order of Hibernians, Member
- Project Children Charity Album, Originator
- Finnegan’s Wake, Heckshersville Irish Festival, Actor
- Northampton County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Allentown Saint Patrick’s Day Parade Committee, AOH Division Director
- American Mock Trial Association, Lafayette College, Mock Judge
- Philadelphia Opera Company, Member
- Widener International Law Society, President
- Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity, International, Member
- Widener Saint Thomas More Club, Member
- Ursinus College Football, Centennial Conference Champions and National Playoffs
- Schuylkill County Women in Crisis, Volunteer