Am I still entitled to medical care through work comp if I resign?

Asked in Philadelphia, PA , on Aug 12, 2021

I had to resign due to the injury. I had back surgery two years ago from work related injury and was never right since. I’d like to pursue different opinion and possible surgery to fix the ever ongoing pain. But I resigned from my job, mainly Bc I could not carry out the duties physically anymore and felt they were bullying me out the door…please help

Answered on Aug 17, 2021

I agree with past attorney, to the extent you have a accepted injury, you will still have medical benefits for whatever injury was accepted. That said, they never accept the right injury. You have three years to make a claim, you should contact someone and give the specific facts as soon as possible. If you resigned for reasons related to the work injury, you may also receive wage loss for the time you did not work. The consults on these cases are free, so there is not much to lose and there is alot to gain. Good luck.