Do I have to return to work if in pain? If I need a new career what do I do? Do I get any compensation for career-ending injury?

Answered on Jan 23, 2014

There are a number of facts that should be developed but you indicate that the doctor said there is not enough for them to operate, but you have exceptional symptoms. If you are still seeing the panel doctor, that would concern me. I would get an independent opinion. Also, making 80K you are probably a Union worker, so you should know you have a number of other protections and/or benefits in making a WC claim. Debilitating pain can be a basis for continued benefits and yes a settlement is possible, WC is very settlement driven. You definitely should contact an attorney to handle the case because it sounds like you have a potentially good case with alot to lose, good luck.