Do I need to hire a lawyer or talk to my union representative?

Answered on Nov 23, 2011

You should definitely talk to an attorney. You may have a workers compensation claim if the condition is related to work or if work has aggravated a pre-existing condition. Also if it is an occupation disease associated with your work, there may be a presumption that the condition is related to your work. These can be difficult case and I am doing a similar case right now without the benefit of the presumption. Feel free to take a look at my article on my profile about how to handle a workers compensation claim. Also, you may have an Americans with Disabilities claim if the condition affects a major bodily function. You may have a suit or the ability to request an accommodation for the condition to make it possible for you to work.