I fell at a place I worked 7 years ago because a dirty plate was on the floor but I'm still having lots of problems. Can I sue?

Answered on Feb 11, 2014

It really depends on how long ago the claim was closed, i.e. when the last payment was made, and how the claim was closed, termination, suspension, settlement. You should have a fair amount of urgency to contact a workers compensation attorney to look over it. If it was seven years old and you received benefits you are likely near the end of your period to reinstate or possibly past it. You should contact someone ASAP to go over it with you, especially if you are unable to work.