I have a failure to appear 16 years ago in NJ

Asked in Allentown, PA , on Feb 9, 2012

I called the court house in Union Nj and was told about a year ago that I have a failure to appear and a warrant. The lady stated that I must pay $1000 and get a court date. I called today and the court transferred me to the sheriff office that deals with warrant and the lady took my information and stated that she didn’t find a warrant for me. Is it possible that it was lifted since it was 16 years ago?

Answered on Feb 12, 2012

As an aside, you should make sure PennDOT has the correct address for you, it is a a requirement under 75 Pa.C.S. 1515. If notice of a failure to respond is transferred to PennDOT it could lead to a indefinate suspension under Section 1533. If PennDOT does not have the right address, you might not know about it until you were stopped under suspension.

Timothy P. Brennan, Esq.
Brennan Law Offices
2030 Tilghman Street, Suite 203
Allentown, PA 18104