In PA can you be fired while out on workmans comp?

Asked in Brookhaven, PA , on Dec 24, 2010

I have an acute fracture and was advised by a orthopedic specialist to file a workmans comp case.. I am a mechanic and I am the only mechanic at the collision shop that I work at and have 2 children at home to worry about. If I file in PA can my boss let me go? And if he does can I do anything about it?

Answered on Dec 27, 2010

You should definately contact a workers compensation attorney. I have a legal guide on my profile that can walk you through some of the early considerations that you can review. However, if the orthopedic specialists is telling you that you are going to be out for a while, you should really speak with someone in person to find out what benefits are available to you. Protecting your job and preserving your entitlements are both issues that need to be considered.

Timothy P. Brennan, Esq.
Croslis & Brenn an Law Offices
2030 Tilghman Street, Suite 203
Allentown, PA 18104