Please let me know what my rights are…can I sue my former employer? This feels like retaliation

Answered on May 30, 2015

Unfortunately, increasingly that is how it happens when you are injured at work. The employer attempts to make you wage loss about something other than the work injury. If you are a nonunion employee, there is something called a Shick claim, where a person is fired for filing a workers compensation claim. You may also have protections under the Americans with Disabilities Act. I would need more details to say what is the best route. Your should just talk to a workers compensation attorney, those consults are almost always free. Ask in advance so you know what you are getting. You likely have a claim and the insurance company is never happy about that – so get some help making sure you keep everything intact. Good luck.