Can I pursue an adverse possession claim against the government? The redevelopment authority says I can't.

Asked in Philadelphia, PA , on Jan 3, 2014

At first they agreed to sell me property but then reneged on the deal and sent my money back.

Answered on Jan 3, 2014

I agree with Mike, under PA law, there is no adverse possession against the government. You may want to look into an attorney have handles federal claims for a possible statutory remedy.