I won a judgement against my tenant. Now he is appealing and claims I don't have a judgment against him and he has filed

Asked in Greensburg, PA , on Feb 20, 2012

a counter claim for almost $5,000 ..Is my judgement not good due to the fact that he appealed? And does he have to have proof of some sort for the counter claim?

Answered on Feb 27, 2012

If this was a judgment in District Magistrate Court, he could be indicating that he has appealed to the County. You would have to file a complaint in the county at that point. Most Prothonotary staff are willing to explain this frequently reoccurring issue to landlord.