Car ran stop sign and hit my vehicle going 40mph and according to other driver's insurance I'm 10% at fault?

Asked in Northampton, PA , on Nov 24, 2015

It was a 4 way stop sign intersection, I stopped and proceeded to make a left turn. The other vehicle ran his stop sign going at least 40mph and did not use his brakes at all. He collided with my vehicle and his insurance is claiming I’m 10% at fault. There was no way for me to avoid this accident, because it was an older gentleman, he didn’t even see me or the stop sign until he hit me. I didn’t see him running the stop sign until it was too late. I’ve had a headache for the past 3 days now and my neck hurts, and I never have any headaches. Is there anything I can do to fight this? Because now my car’s all messed up and they want me to pay to have my car fixed in an accident that wasn’t my fault.

Answered on Nov 25, 2015

You definitely should continue your treatment, there are alot of great doctors in the Lehigh Valley, I would see one and continue to treat. The headache and neck pain could be a sign of something more significant going on. The insurance question has been answered several times, but as to the potentially bigger questions you need to talk to someone about your policy, the nature of the injuries and the damages. Consults are generally free for this sort of thing and fees are generally contingent on winning or settling, so I would say the only way you are risking anything is by doing nothing. Good luck.

A close friend of mine accidentally ran my foot over with her car.. I lost my job. I have no health insurance. I need med attn

Asked in Bangor, PA , on Dec 9, 2014

Is my friend going to get in trouble if I sue her? What should I do?

Answered on Dec 10, 2014

You really need to sit down and talk to someone, there is not much facts to go on here. Generally when there is a friend or family involved, I say the insurance company is the one who will feel the pain. The question you need to flesh out is – which insurance company if any? Another thought is, were you doing anything work related, maybe you would have coverage there? You also could look into public benefits.