How can i obtain my license. It's been suspended indefinitely until i settle a judgment against me.

Asked in Allentown, PA , on Nov 18, 2014

This occur in 2001 So it’s way past the statute of limitations sol. What’s the cost to file a petition to the courts to get this taken out and show pendot proof that it’s been settle.

Answered on Nov 19, 2014

I am not sure there are enough facts, it sounds like this could be a judgment for damage to a vehicle in an accident that was forwarded to PennDOT. If they had it on your driving records they would want to see payment. There are a number of other possibilities such as a non payment at a magistrate or a failure to respond. You should probably sit down and discuss it with an attorney who handles these cases.

Is it possible to switch law firms in the middle of a workers comp case?

Asked in Emmaus, PA , on Mar 31, 2014

Got low settlement offer from insurance and current firm partners contacted me and are insisting I take it even though my attorney at the firm felt I shouldn’t. Talks with partners are gone very badly. I also have a pending PI suit and concerned about this firms abilities and interest.

Answered on Mar 31, 2014

Yes, you have the absolute right to choose the attorney to handle your matter. Ethically a departing attorney should give written notice that they are leaving and the client can choose to stay or go. In these type of cases though a fee dispute could arise, especially given that it has been worked up to settlement. Rather than pressuring you to settle, you should be advised of the risks and benefits, get the professional advise of the attorney and make your decision knowing all of the aspects of the case. Hopefully that is something that they do before you move forward.

Do You Have to Pay Back Unemployment Benefits

Asked in Bethel Park, PA , on Jan 16, 2014

If a person was deemed eligible initially in Pennsylvania for Unemployment Compensation but the employer appealed and the Unemployment Compensation Service Center reversed the decision. This person was terminated related to a work policy violation. The decision was based on a policy of progressive discipline and willful misconduct.

Answered on Jan 16, 2014

Much depends on the circumstances, but you could be required to repay UC for an overpayment. There are two types of overpayments, fault based and nonfault based. You may be required to actually pay back a fault based overpayment, whereas a nonfault based overpayment may be deducted from future UC in a particular time period. What is going on specifically in you case depends on the facts. Good luck.

For Worker's Comp, is it critical to have an MRI?

Asked in Yorba Linda, CA , on Dec 16, 2013

I have filed a claim and it’s been a few months since my injury. Do I need an MRI? My PTP seems to think so; I already had x-rays, plus he wants to do a med/legal report (claim’s been denied). Is that really necessary? Do I need an attorney?

Answered on Dec 23, 2013

I have seen many panel doctors avoid giving diagnostics that might definitely diagnosis a condition that would ultimately be the responsibility of the insurers who refer them cases. It really depends on the injury and the character of the doctor (unfortunately). If you do retain someone, they will most likely refer you to healthcare providers who will treat you properly. However, your question really depends on many facts which are not stated in the question. Good luck.