Workman's Comp Question

Answered on Feb 28, 2015

It sounds to be like you have a WC case, you should probably talk to a WC attorney. The consults are generally fee and the cases are generally contingent, so there is not much at risk. You should know that even if there was a prior condition – even an aggravation of a prior injury can be compensable. What that means is that because you lost income and a job because of a work injury, you should be entitled to ongoing payments of compensation. If you have to fight for them, that means a possible back award as well. This would depend on a medical opinion, but you don’t need a weather man to know which way the wind blows. Unfortunately, insurers do not always jump to protect the people they insure. It’s a shame, it sounds like it would be a great job. Get someone to protect your interests, it is likely the only way you will get what you deserve at this point. Good luck.