A legal claimant service claims they have found bonds in my deceased fathers name, a $700 fee for recovery…. sound legit?

Answered on Feb 11, 2012

Take a look at the State Treasury website first. Often you find items there that have been unclaimed. I recently made a transfer there and it only requires a few papers.